Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Universal Healthcare

I read an interesting article on AOL recently: http://news.aol.com/health/story/_a/no-jobs-no-insurance-hard-times-for/n20090721161309990001.

The article talks about how many young people are more likely than older people to support universal healthcare. I know I do. I will graduate college in a year or two and it will be a disaster if I do not have health insurance.

Additionally, my student loans are compounded by the fact that I already have tens of thousands of dollars of debt to pay back for medical expenses while I was searching for my lupus diagnosis. I'm 20 years old and already in major financial trouble.

I do not know as much as I should about President Obama's health care reform plan, but over the next few weeks I plan to learn much more as it is certainly something that will effect my life as well as the lives of many other chronically ill young adults.

No comments: