Saturday, May 8, 2010

Is This What ENERGY Feels Like?

Today has been a busy day. I woke up and logged onto my school account and had a message from Financial Aid saying they needed a whole lot more information to process my file for next year. Fine. So I got up and went over to the building where Fin Aid is housed (about a 20 minute walk, in the sun and on a fairly warm day). After I squared them away, I went to Health Services because I left my lens prescription there the other day (hello bifocals!). Then I realized it had been a month since I had my blood tests done, so I went and drove to my doctors office about 25 minutes away, got my blood tests done and drove back. I barely got back in time to go to work, so I parked my car, ran up to my room to drop off the prescriptions I had picked up from CVS, and ran back out to catch the bus to work. The bus didn't come, so I walked to another street and caught a bus there. I made it to work with 1 minute to spare. At this point it is 2 in the afternoon and I have not had time to eat. So I finish up some paperwork and send some emails so that my boss will be set until another assistant comes in during the summer. I then go to the other place where I work because I am SO HUNGRY. So I pick up something to eat and go back to my apartment. My roommate tells me the second that I get in that the person who was supposed to come to do her hair for Commencement Ball did not arrive and would I help her? I told her I would but I had to eat. While I was eating, the person called so I was off the hook. I then decide to watch some TV, but after a little while I got bored and called a friend. We went to the movies and saw Iron Man 2 (amazing!!!) and I finally get in around 12:45. Whew!

Is this what it feels like to have some energy? Doing even half of these things would have wiped me out just a few weeks ago. I still don't want to jinx the CellCept, but maybe, possibly, could it be that this is why I am feeling so much better? I am reluctant to say anything because things change so dramatically with me so quickly, but hopefully this is something that will last.

2 comments:

SR said...

wow this is awesome! im so glad you're doing so well :)

gives me hope that i can have days like these ... i'm still fighting the day to day tasks..

hopefully this will continue!

Victoria said...

WOW!! I was tired just reading all that! My daughter is a student at University of Georgia, I know how hectic her days are, and your day sounds just like the day she had on Friday. I dont know how you do it!

Yes, this is what energy feels like... but Girl!... please slow down. I so know what its like to wake up feeling good, and then try to cram as much into the day as possible. I usually crash around 9pm or even the next day. Sounds like you had some spoons saved and spent them all at once!

There are those days that I wake up and feel so normal for most of the day, these days are rare, but they do happen. I wrack my brain trying to figure out what I did the days preceding it to give me this energy... what did I eat? when did I rest? etc, etc.. but it never seems to add up. What works one day doesnt work the next. SOOO Frustrating! I tell my husband all the time, my mind is willing, but my body just will not cooperate, no matter how much I will it to. :/

I pray that the Cellcept is working for you, and that this energy IS something permanent to look forward to. Just take it easy and pace yourself!!

Blessings! V.