Thursday, April 15, 2010

Well That's That

I finally got my blood test results from a couple weeks ago (after way too much time trying to convince the lab to give them to me, even though it said "to patient" on the order form and I have never had a problem before. They are my labs, why can't I have them?). I was feeling like complete crap a few weeks ago. Most of my results were good except for the highest ANA I have ever had. Well, it was a flare.

Luckily I am feeling a lot better. The CellCept and Mobic are starting to take effect. I am very thankful for this because I was pretty miserable. I am pretty stressed about a lot of things right now and I am so happy I do not have to worry about a bad lupus flare right now. Of course, though, I know I need to take it easy. Being on these meds and feeling better does not give me a free pass to do whatever I want.

I always have mixed feeling when I have positive test results. On the one hand, its scary to know your body is doing things you can't control. On the other hand, I feel better about the decisions I make to take these powerful, serious drugs.

Anyway, I still have so much to do. It is a long weekend, but unfortunately, I am working both Saturday and Sunday. My goal is to rest on Monday.

No comments: