Sunday, April 18, 2010

Winding Down

So this semester will be ending in the next few weeks. May 3 is the last day of classes and then we have finals for the week after that. I only have two finals, Spanish on the 6th and Media Programming on the 11th. Until then, though, have so much to get done. I have a group project and a paper for my New Media class, Spanish work, Media Programming work, a Psych/Lit exam and paper, a Plagues exam and last but certainly not least, my Writing for Comm case study.

My case study is examining portrayals of mental illness in females in the movies Prozac Nation and Girl, Interrupted. It's been A LOT of work, and I cannot wait until it's done. I have learned that, while I do not like research papers, I like primary research even less. Unfortunately, that's the stuff school is made out of. I am sure I would like it a lot more if I wasn't so stressed. It is a topic I am very interested in and ties in well with both of my majors.

So that's it for now. My lupus is still giving me trouble, but I hope to last the rest of the semester without too much trouble. And it helps that tomorrow we have no classes because of Patriot's Day. I worked both today and yesterday and I could really use the break.

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: