Friday, September 18, 2009

Insomnia

This problem is one of the worst there is. Unfortunately, I have been suffering from it for a few years. I can be exhausted and not sleep. It's an incredibly lonely feeling being up when you know everyone else is asleep. Try as I might I cannot get my brain to shut up. No matter what I do during the day to try to wear myself out, I toss and turn for hours before drifting off into an often restless sleep. On days when I am achy I take a Tylenol PM, but I cannot get dependant on them. So I often just toss and turn. Unfortunately for my roommate my bed squeaks this year...

I don't think it has much to do with my lupus, but I can't be sure. Fatigue is a symptom of lupus I have, but more of the just-sit-in-bed-and-do-nothing fatigue, not the sleep for hours fatigue. It's more of a no matter how hard I try I can't get the energy to move type of fatigue. I am desperate to be able to fall asleep easily.

Anyone have any suggestions. It drives me crazy. How do you shut off your brain?

4 comments:

HaraTakumi said...

hey there....I'm a lupus patient too and I'm studying in college as well...you ought to try to take a hot bath or shower before going to bed..It worked for me! :)

Shaista said...

Isn't it the oddest feeling, to be wide awake when others seem so comfortably snuggled in sleep? Particularly ironic as we need sleep more than the average person.
I have had Lupus since my college years too - I think it is a great idea you are blogging through it. I felt very alone and isolated when I was at university. Much much better to be writing the reality as you live it xx

mellzie19 said...

HaraTakumi---thank your for your response. I normally take a hot shower before I fall asleep. I would love to take a bath, but being in the dorms makes that almost impossible. I think I am going to try to add tea to my routine.

Shaista---thank you for your comment. Getting enough sleep is particularly concerning since I have lupus. I think I might have some new tricks to help myself fall asleep.

Abusaidi said...

Looking for the ideal destination over the internet to buy sleep aid pills is not an easy task as some of the websites, pharmacies or drug stores selling sleep aids are proved to be fake stores selling counterfeit sleep aid pills. Therefore, you should be careful while looking for an online store to purchase sleep aid pills and in this regard, it is noteworthy that http://www.sleep-aid-pills.com is a reliable online destination that directs customers to reputed online pharmacies selling genuine sleeping pills.