Saturday, November 21, 2009

All By Myself

So my roommate left for the weekend (without telling me so i spent a few hours wondering what happened to her because she has never left the room for more than 3 hours at a time...) so I have the room to myself for the FIRST TIME EVER. So happy about that and I am going to lounge around and do...homework. I have a paper due Monday night and a whole bunch of other stuff to get caught up on.

I had an EKG on Friday that turned out to be normal, so that is good. However, I was put on the medicine Amitriptaline for migraine prevention. When my doctor mentioned it I said I had considered it previously but it caused weight gain. I have just lost 50 lbs and do not want anything to give them back to me. He assured me up and down that this medicine did not have that side effect. So I started it and then did some research on it and that was a BIG side effect. So I do not think I will take it anymore. I will try the verapamil again.

I also called in a refill of my migraine abortive on Wednesday and went to pick it up today at the pharmacy and the pharmacy said the prescription was never called it. Grrrr.... I woke up with a migraine today and took my last pill. Luckily it worked but my scalp is hurting in my pre-migraine way. But I have to wait until Monday to see what happened with my prescription.

No news on the blood tests fo my liver yet, but hopefully next week.

No comments: