Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Making Myself Crazy

We had another snow day today (but this time with a lot of snow...) so I have had a lot of time to sit around and do some research. I have been worried about my Imuran for a while, most specifically the increased risk of cancer. I have rare blood cancers on both sides of my family, so I think about that anyway. I have reduced my Imuran dose to 200 mg because of hair loss, but I understand that it still a pretty high dose. I am really scared about this medicine, and in general all the medicine to treat lupus.

I have been exhausted today. I slept until about 8:30 when I found out that school was cancelled for the day. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got about 7.5 hours of sleep for the night. Not great, but not bad either. I took a 2.5 hour nap in the middle of the day, and I am now exhausted. Not fun. I also have been achy today. It is probably too soon for the reduced dose of Imuran to be having an impact, but of course I am wondering what will happen if my symptoms do get worse. Will I increase the Imuran and risk losing more hair? Or will I try a new treatment and have to adjust to new side effects? I've been sitting around thinking about this all day and it's making me a little crazy.

It's already almost 10 pm, so I think I might just make a nice cup of hot apple cider, take a Tylenol PM for my joints and call it a night.

No comments: