Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNOW DAY! Without the Snow...

We have a day off today because of the terrible, teriible snowstorm raging outside as I speak (or write...) In actuality, there is a light flurry and no accumulation. I'm not complaining though. I have been really tired and slept in until 10:15. Then I got up and made myself a delicious egg and turkey bacon sandwich.

I have an interesting assignment for my class Writing as Communication. We have to write two public essays about a topic that we feel strongly about. For the first essay, I chose to write about the preexisting condition clause in most health insurance policies. Since I will be graduating in just over a year, this is a significant concern for me because going without health care could potentially be disastrous.

The draft of the paper was supposed to be due today, but since there is a "snowstorm" outside I'm guessing it will be due on Friday. My second public essay is due on Friday, but it has to be on a different subject and I'm not sure what I am going to write about yet.

This class has made me think a lot about this blog. I write pretty informally on here. A lot of the blogs I read, but a lot also take a more professional approach. I'm wondering if I should change, just a little. Maybe proofread sometimes...?

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy my day off thoroughly. I'm probably going to get back into bed soon because I am still a little sleepy.

No comments: